A day off. What better time to go on that run, hike, bike, power walk…that you meant to fit in all weekend? You got it…No. Better. Time. Do it for the troops!
So I thought I’d make the first step a little bit easier for you. Unless you have a running buddy, which unfortunately I rarely do unless I want to go on a geriatric run with my dad, running to a sweet playlist makes the experience more enjoyable and even inspiring. Sometimes I feel like I’m Rocky or the boys in Chariots of Fire – every step I take and hill I climb is dramatized by the jams busting through my headphones. If I’m running on the beach or by the bay, I oftentimes lower my music so I can hear the waves hitting the rocks…oh the struggles of California living.
Here you are…I though I’d share with you one of my current favorite playlists/songs to listen to while gallivanting. Forewarning – my playlist is somewhat bipolar and best played on shuffle.
- On to the Next One (feat. Swizz Beatz) – Jay-Z
- Silhouettes (Original Vocal Mix) – Avicii feat. Salem Al Fakir
- I Am the Lion King – Papa
- She Doesn’t Mind – Sean Paul
- I Follow Rivers – Lykki Li
- Eagle Eyes (Kaskade vs. Sander Van Doorn vs. Adrian Lux vs. Mindy Gledhill) – HOHME
- Hey Ma – Cam’Ron, Juelz Santana, Freekey Zeekey & Toya
- *I Love my Life – Demarco
- Without You – David Guetta & Usher
- Fifteen (ft Chela) – Goldroom
- *10 over 10 – Naeto C
- Velvet Elvis (RAC Remix) – Alex Winston
- Animal – Miike Snow
- Hollywood (feat. Penguin Prison) – RAC
- Never Touch the Ground (Gazzo Remix) – Y LUV
- Hood Dance – Ego
- Right Above It – Lil Wayne & Drake
- Spectrum (Calvin Harris Remix) – Florence + The Machine
P.S. Just watch the Rocky and Chariots of Fire clips…inspiration enough to get moving.
Happy Memorial Day!