Brown Rice Spaghetti with Homemade Tomato Sauce
Yummmmmm…spaghetti! The perfect warm and comforting meal. It’s like sitting in you onesie by the fire – just the best.
This recipe is simple, yet delicious, and of course, fresh.
- Fill your pot 3/4 high with water and bring to a boil. Add in your desired amount of Brown Rice Spaghetti
- While the spaghetti is cooking, cut up a big heirloom tomato into medium/small chunks and dice 2-3 1/2in slices of eggplant
- Heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and add in the tomato and eggplant. Stir often – the goal is to get this into mushy delicious sauce (add garlic if desired – Make-Out Sauce)
- Once your pasta is almost al dente, drain it and put aside while your sauce is brewing
- When the sauce seems close to perfection, add in the spaghetti, basil, a handful of spinach, and some crushed red pepper flakes – mix everything together in the pan
- One of my roommates, who is of course Italian, taught me this delicious trick
- When you’ve achieved perfection, serve yourself a tasty bowl
- *P.S. Feel free to add some salt…I tend to cook without it
Ta-da! Enjoy…especially on a cold and dreary SF summer night